As I seem to be seriously behind with blogging, so much so that I have a backlog of projects to blog about, wahoo!!
For our trip to Bruges I wanted a new dress to wear and I had some folky style fabric that I decided would be ideal.
The fabric is a medium weight cotton and I bought it in the sale at John Lewis a few months ago, the pattern is New Look 6143 and I made view A. Unfortunately I can’t remember what the fabric was called!
In regards to fit I think it’s about 80% there, I’m still such a novice that reworking for fit is still rather frightening to me. I basted the zip in and found I had a large gape at the back so I measured it and cut a triangle shape out of both sides at the back which fixed that.
This was my first time putting in a lapped zip and making pleats. I used Scruffy Badgers tutorial for the lapped zip, it went fairly well, better than my first ever invisible zip anyway! The pleats also went fairly well but I think I definitely have room for improvement!