This week I’ll be sharing two projects I made recently, both with knit fabric.
The first is my second project from Gertie’s second book, I decided to make the sweetheart neckline top. The fabric was an unlabelled knit fabric from John Lewis. I’ve always loved black stripey tops since my emo days, so I had to have it as soon as I saw it!
I followed the instructions almost exactly, I confused myself with the neck binding and used a method that made it bulkier than it’s supposed to be, this isn’t a real problem except you are meant to do a tiny dart in the middle of the neckline, and the bulkiness made that look bad so I omitted that part.
I’m super pleased with it!! I’ve worn it a lot since I made it.
You can see in the above photo that it can be a bit short when I lift my arms up so maybe next time I will add an inch or two but I don’t notice it when I’m wearing it
It’s the first time I feel pretty happy with my stitching overall! I also did accidental okay pattern matching!!